Whenever I buy shoes, my husband jokes that “those $150 sneakers are gonna look great on your Zoom calls!” … and to some degree, he is correct. I think buying shoes right now is a yearning for the before-times, or maybe a stab at some hope for the future. However, SLIPPERS are the exception. Our feet deserve the best warmth and comfort while dangling under our desk or being shoved under our bums while we set cross-legged at our desk for the 4th hour in a row. I have tried on and tested a LOT of slippers and want to pass on the knowledge to you … as they say “Home is where your Slippers are”…Or maybe, “Life is short so buy the damn shoes!”, especially to comfort your sad little feet that have spent way too much time in your home office recently.
*Amazon Links Are Commissionable*
- The “Oh Yeah” by Uggs. The fit is TTS and the open toe design make them great for if your main concern is being hot or sweating. I found the platform to be a bit clunky but it’s not too high, so it may not bother everyone. The color options are fantastic!
2. Koolaburra Fuzz’n Slipper is SO comfortable. I was shocked. I don’t generally buy Koolaburra brand, but this slipper was amazing. TTS. You can’t go wrong.
3. The Minnetonka Chesney is no-brainer: a classic suede slipper that’s true to size and comfortable enough for hours snuggled up on the couch or at the desk in your sweatpants and button up shirt.
4. The Rockdove Two-Tone Memory Foam Slipper come in an abundance of colors and is machine washable! Listen, it’s the ugly truth of slippers but some could really use a weekly bath and this pair makes it easy. Throw in your favorite scented detergent and fresh as new!
5. The Teva ReEmber Soft Moc … honestly, I’m not completely convinced that this is a slipper. But it should be. At least a “house shoe” if one will. It’s true to size, available in fun colors, and made mostly of recycled products. And, if you’re the outdoorsy type of the bunch, it can even be worn lounging by the campfire. You do you!
6. The Ugg Ansley Slipper is a classic. Pro tip: buy up a size if you’re on the fence. If you’re usually a 7 but can lean 7.5 in certain situations, buy up. The brand is hard for me because it is sometimes true to size and other times runs small; this style is definitely small. But it is a timeless look, appropriate even if your feet somehow do end up on that zoom meeting (can pass as a driving loafer) … but let’s hope it doesn’t get to that.
7. The Steve Madden Around Slipper. After watching Maddman, I don’t know if I should by alllll the SM shoes or burn them. But these are extremely cute, super comfy, and come in good colors and patterns. I will go out on a limb and say it meets the criteria for “TTS” BUT if you have the least bit concern, size up.
8. The UGG Women’s Scuffette Ii Metallic Sparkle Slipper is a lot of bang for your buck. Now, you’re going to need to size up because … Ugg. But this slipper is comfortable, doesn’t slip or trip, is warm, and best of all – it’s a conversation starter! You know, for your GrubHub delivery guy. Or your cat. Either way, you can’t go wrong with this pair!
9. The Coface Fuzzy Slides … there truly is no greater value in the slipper world. I bought two pair in 2020 because I knew that one would likely wear out and I’d want another. Yet here we are. Nearly 15 months later and I’m still on my first pair! They’re cute, they hug your feet, and there have a ton of color options.
10. On the same note as above, I purchased the Homeideas Faux Fur Lined Slipper in 2020 and just fell in love. Similar to the Ugg Ansley, but lower price point. Again, true to size. I promise I would still be wearing them except we were travelling that summer (and scared of everything) and they dropped in a puddle when I got out of a rest stop in Central PA, never to be seen again. If you know, you know.
11. The Tie Dyed Lined Crocs. What can I say? Chances are, no one will ever see your slippers. Express yourself. Or maybe even wear them to the grocery store just to kick it up a notch. True to Size.
12. If you’re still not here for the tie dye, just get the Classic Lined Crocs. Look, Crocs are Crocs. But you can’t deny their comfort. The lining is just icing on the Croc Cake. True To Size. A bit less exciting than #11, but the purpose is served.
13. The DearFoams Mama Bear Slippers. This are the slippers you were for fun, purchase matching ones, coordinate them with pajamas (or a bear costume) … they’re cute, inexpensive, and feel good on your feet. For sizing, go up if you’re on the cusp. For example, if you’re a larger size 8, go for the large (size 9/10). I just never recommend wearing tight slippers. Especially not for Mama Bears.
14. The Cougar Liliana Slip-on. These suede slippers have a slip resistant tread (with a little height as well). They’re comfortable, sturdy, and true to size, making basic anything BUT basic.
15. The Toms Alpargata with Faux Fur Lining. Again, I’m not convinced this shoe was intended to be a slipper, but it presents as such. I would size up, especially if you’re someone who wears socks with slippers (judgement-free zone here). They have the same reliability and comfort as your regular Toms, but with the added faux fur to make them extra comfy.
16. I’m not a huge fan of the brand in general, but the Jessica Simpson Ebiyra Mule is a great slipper. It hugs your foot, has some height (almost 2 inches), and feels sturdy and slip resistant. TTS. Worth making the exception to the rule.
17. The LLBean Wicked Good Moccasin is a timeless classic. TTS but like their website states, half sizes order up. LL Bean also has amazing customer service and you know their products are made to last … if not, their return policy cannot be beat!
18. The Franco Sarto Waleria Mule is a good classic style slipper. Not to call it vanilla, but it’s a muted color with a dependable profile and solid, sturdy sole. Hey, plenty of people love vanilla. Not everyone needs bright colors or prints. To thine own self be true. Also, be true to size.
19. On the other hand, coming in somewhere between Rainbow Sherbert and Moose Tracks, we have the MUK LUKS Women’s Faux Fur Slipper Sock. Truly, for the price of a deli sandwich, we all deserve these slippers in our lives. They just make you feel like you’ve gotten away with something while briefly turning off your camera during your zoom call to roll your eyes at Brenda. Size up … but even if you don’t, your feel will still resemble something like the Grinch. They’re warm, comfy, and kinda make you feel like a bad ass. Or a Disney Character. Either one works.
20. Let’s take ourselves back to reality with the Birkenstock Arizona Fur. It’s your tried and true Birkenstock, but fluffy. Is it meant to be a slipper? I have no idea. But certainly no one would mean for it to be worn outside of one’s house, so that’s the only option left. Fits true to size, as Birkenstocks do.
21. Again, not the biggest Koolaburra fan, but I’m feeling their slipper game, especially with the Koolaburra Lezly Slipper. If you are a sock plus slipper wearer, first explain yourself, and then size up for this pair. It’s simple, classy, to the point, and gets the job done.
22. The Acorn Moc Slipper. Wow. I put these on and just said “Wow”. They left (and looked) like clouds. I don’t think you can go wrong with this pair. Tons of colors. I wear an 8 and ordered an 8/9 with plenty of room to spare for (eek) socks if necessary.
23. The DearFoams Chelsea Faux Fur Slipper isn’t as intense as the Muk Luks sock but it’s in the same family. Consider it the less crazy cousin. If you’re not ready for full on Grinch feet, this is more like your favorite stuffed animal. Comfy, warm, and soft. Get your normal size.
24. Despite being a mouthful, the Dearfoams Women’s Fireside Water Resistant Sydney Shearling Scuff Slipper is a true winner. It comes in over 10 colors, hugs your foot, has a sturdy sole, and is TTS. Quality you expect from a name synonymous with slipper.
25. You have to save the best for last … or at least, the wildest. The Ugg Disco Striped Slide. Honestly, the platform was too much for me. But if you’re ready to make a statement (and you’re choosing to do so with your choice of slippers), this is the shoe for you. True to size, true to you.